Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Wednesday's Desire or Really Nice Ass

This could be a huge commitment, but I'm willing to give it a try. Surfing the Internet, I probably find a dozen things each day that makes me laugh. I don't have time to blog all of it, so I decided to save the best and post them each Wednesday.

Now, I can already hear what you're saying. "But Steve, there are already tons of sites that do that each week. Isn't that redundant?" Of course it is, that's the point! I'd like to try to keep this blog original and not fill it up with links that I found on Fark, Boing-Boing, and other sites. That being said, I'd still like to share some of the best stuff with my friends.

So here's the format. The top 5-10 funniest/coolest/disturbing things of the week. (By the way, I am going to define Wednesday as 9 pm on Tuesday through 9 am on Thursday...I'm sure I can find a 1-2 sober hours in there each week). The title is in reference to a classic flash animation I found last year. Perhaps I'll role out a classic version next.

  1. 3-D chalk art (i-am-bored) - Wow. This guy manages to create amazing 3-D pictures on sidewalks using nothing but chalk. Words don't do it justice--you've got to check this out.
  2. Fighting Brothers (i-am-bored) - Something about watching these guys smack the crap out of each other had me rolling.
  3. Web Cam Effects (i-am-bored) - Nothing brings me more joy than the prospect of trying to pick up girls on my webcam while animated as a large rabbit.
  4. Johnny Rocketfingers (newgrounds) - You should probably find the original first before you pay this game, but I love the animation and the style. The game is relatively mindless (point and click), but it's fun to see the sense of humor and creativity embedded into the game. This one is long, so don't expect to finish it unless you've got some time set aside.
  5. Strangers with Candy (YouTube) - "They didn't sacrifice coconuts to their monkey gods!" One of my all-time favorite TV shows. And guess what? They made a movie that's going be released in July! Watch this episode (20 minutes) and you'll see why. Plus, Stephen Colbert as her history teacher is hysterical.

No comments: