Thursday, May 04, 2006

Premature Emancipation


Wow.

Wow. Wow. Wow.

It seems I was a little short-sighted in my Boing Boing bashing post yester-morning. I have only begun to scratch the shark infested surface of the Boing Boing fish jumping phenomenon. Many have come before and many will surely follow, but thank the Big Bang that this guy has beaten me to what was surely to end up my fate. Xenisucks.com.

This site shows determination and, fer christ! It has this!


But is it really all it's cracked up to be? Xeni takes a strange approach to the attack by blogging it herself, trying to embrace the hate by dismisisng it as irrelevant. It's as though she is head and shoulders above this drivel. The problem is, xenisucks.com has a point. A blog that was as popular as Boing Boing should expect more from it's self-important, pseudo, tech 'journalists'.

Cory Doctorow (another Boing Boing editor) would never have a site called corysucks.com with the following mission:

So do you hate Cory or something?

Not really. I’ve read Boing Boing for a long time and only recently realized that I wasn’t really interested in it at all. And Cory’s posts are the worst. It seems like everything he writes is either about his DRM crusade, his book signings or Disney. I figured I could write a simple algorithm to quantify how much each post sucked, so I did it.




And finally, a directory of unbelievable backlash.

RIP Boing Boing. Your self-righteous, self-important, perspective-laden, DRM-obsessive techno babble will be missed...by me...since I'm not coming back...except to get context for the beauty that is this post.

1 comment:

Yojay said...

I stole this comment from here.

22- Bill @ November 17, 2005 06:21 AM

I'll tell you why I hate boing boing,

1. CAN'T COMMENT.
2. Impossible to make submissions (unless you're xeni's friend)
3. Xeni looks like she was dipped in bleach.
4. The snobbery.