Friday, May 12, 2006

Loituma and Orihime, or Just Listen to This

Now, I don't normally like to blog about the stuff you can find on portals like i-am-bored, but tonight I have to make an exception. Here's what I want you to do. Open up the link below in a new window, watch the video for, oh I don't know, maybe a minute or so, and then come back and keep reading. In the meantime, just let the video keep playing in the background and let the music fill you with happiness.

http://i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=17253

"I said to her mother now stop that noise or I won't be responsible for what I do. If you go quietly and stay in your room you won't get hurt while your daughter I woo."

By now you've realized that she's on a loop, she's speaking Finnish, and that your brain is starting to hurt. The girl is actually Orihime Inoue, a major character in the anime and manga series BLEACH (check out the wikipedia article). Apparently she likes to eat weird food combinations, which might explain why she's twirling around a leek.

Still listening to the song? Great job so far! But it's time to cut the umbilical cord. Go close the window with Orihime. But don't worry, we'll see her again before the night's over. Next, I want to check out this Finnish polka band, Loituma, at this link. Sound familar? It should. This is the inspiration for our wonderful song. You can find the complete lyrics here.

My biggest complaint about the polka band video? No looping. But hey, maybe they just didn't have the foresight that the denizens of the Internet would want to listen to it repeatedly. The good news is that now that the video is finished, your computer should be silent. This gives us a chance to hang out with Orihime again! Why, you ask? Because from what I can tell, she seems pretty cool.

Click on the picture to watch a clip of my new favorite girl. The first minute gives you a good feel for her personality:



Apparently, she likes to eat ice cream...alot.

Well there you have it. From what I understand, a ringtone should be available soon if you'd like to have it on your phone. Enjoy!

Check out the Yojay Store. Like the blog? Buy the shirt!

1 comment:

Yojay said...

http://www.i-mockery.com/ddaaf/default.php