Tuesday, June 06, 2006

X-Men just got funnier

When I first watched X-Men: The Last Stand (which was kind of disappointing...but that's another article and I digress), I was taken back by this scene:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GV_3cBmAHjA&search=juggernaut

I had my kids with me, and all I could think of was how out of place it was. I mean seriously, "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" is just so freakin' corny. Ahh...but I was SO wrong. Little did I know that this was one of, if not the greatest pop culture reference ever inserted into a movie. Check out this movie (or at least the first 5 minutes of a 9-minute clip):



Cannot...stop....laughing.....

Okay, seriously. I promise you that this catch phrase is about to take off. This is going to be way bigger than Chappelle's "I'm Rick James, bitch!" In fact, check out Google Trends:



I promise you that is real--click on the picture and check for yourself. So, in preperation for this new pop culture infusion, here is a quick primer of how to use quotes from this video in your daily life.

  • After blocking a shot playing basketball, "Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who the f*** I am? I'm the Juggernaut!"
  • Right before bedtime with the girlfriend, "I'm the Juggernaut, I'm ready to f***. I've been ready to f***. My suit's so tight!"
  • When your boss is giving you advise you don't want to hear, "Comb your beard, I don't want to hear that shit!"
  • And of course, everytime you come in the room, "Oh, it's the Juggernaut, bitch!"

1 comment:

Gstdog said...

Ha! I was right! Even Sean's article about Batman had my favorite quote:

Then we have THE stellar bit of dialogue that has been quoted and mocked all over the internet in the past year. Dick asks Batman just who the hell he thinks he is, and Batman replies by asking if Dick is retarded and saying "I'm the goddamn Batman". Well, I guess he could have said "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"