Friday, September 01, 2006

The Strike of a Great White Shark

From I-am-bored.com, but this deserves a repost. Actually, I have nothing to really add because commentary can't really do this video justice...

Great White Shark Wow sharks are scary.

Okay, I lied. I do have some commentary. Given that I get 95% of my great white shark information from the movie Jaws, I think that Steven Spielberg has done America a great disservice. The shark in that movie looks like a pussy compared to the real thing. Can you imagine a slow motion shot of the shark exploding out of the surface of the water with a swimmer in its mouth, hanging in the air, and the plunging back down? That would have been unbelievable. Instead, we get treated to some mysterious shark fins and red water. Big deal.

1 comment:

Yojay said...

Now I need to track down a full speed version of this. As impressive as it is, with the massive shark completely out of the water, it must be amazing to see it live.